How do we approach a solution to your needs ?
To emphasize our Student-centered approach, Software Training Academy’s organizational chart gives total priority and power to the Student - the student is literally the center of STA’s universe. Our organizational chart can be seen above:
After the Student / Client, Trainer and Student Support Staff represents the next most important layer. It is followed by Front Line Sales and Marketing staff, which is supported by the Training Management Team, namely, the Chief Technology Officer’s and Chief Learning Officer’s staff (CTO and CLO, respectively). All layers are, themselves, supported by the CEO and its direct staff members.
Key to STA’s student-driven managment, the layers are separated by diaphanous boundaries which allow for reciprocal influence. STA management structure was carefully planned to allow movement of staff members and contributors between layers, thus ensuring that all our efforts go towards client’s satisfaction. This is what makes STA totally different than traditional organizations.
How do we support you through your learning process?
Our training methodology, designed by our team of Instructional Designers, Instructors and Software Engineers, is based on modern concepts of Adult Education. A perfect balance between theory and practice followed by continuous student support is applied to all our programs. Find below the values and beliefs that shape our training methods:
- Supported Open Learning Concept: Supported Open Learning means that STA understands that the 21st century corporate student cannot give up their daily activities while updating their skills. Based on that concept, STA will try its best to allow students to make better use of their learning time while still interacting with their Instructors / Subject Matter Expert.
- Targeting Individual Learning Styles: every single student has a unique learning style that must be properly identified and addressed prior and during classes.
- Sharing Real-World Experiences: students must be exposed to challenging and real-world scenarios in order to develop problem-solving skills rather than just having to "fill out the blanks or use copy and paste mechanisms" hands-on labs.
- Instructors as Facilitators: Instructors should play the role of learning facilitators rather than just using old/traditional transmission-based approach (known as Instructor-centered approach).
- Using Learning Objects (LOs): It is part of our methodology to use a variety of media (printed, audio, video, case-studies, real-world code analysis, diagrams, internet resources) in addition to printed-only material.
- Learning how to Learn: Scaffolding student independence and fostering autonomous learning behavior are critical skills in the IT field which requires great dosages of self-directness so IT professionals can keep up with new technologies, which requires great dosages of self-directness so IT professionals can keep up with new technologies.
- Providing Student Support: As a company founded by seasoned software engineers and formal educators, STA methodology recognizes the importance of being there for our students when they need to put recently acquired skills into practice to accomplish on-the-job tasks. Our students feel more confident knowing that they will have STA to count on after courses via chats, email or phone calls.
OUR STUDENTS ARE OUR BEST ADVERTISEMENT